Teachers are always looking for ways to save time in their day. It’s hard enough to keep up with the demands of teaching, grading papers, and staying on top of your own professional development. There just never seems to be enough hours in the day! Luckily there are a number of tools that can help teachers save time by making it easier to plan lessons, grade assignments, and stay organized. Here are seven ways edtech tools that will help you get more done in less time!
There are a number of digital lesson planning tools available to help teachers plan their lessons and save time.
- iPlanner is a web based tool that can be used to take notes, upload resources, share documents,and build custom calendars/planners for your classes. As you add events to your planner it uses an algorithm to generate recommended activities for your classes.
- Teachers Pay Teachers is an online marketplace that allows teachers to share their original lesson plans with other educators for free or to sell. Whether you are looking for ideas, saving time by finding a pre-made project, or selling your own lessons, this site helps teachers save time!
Teachers are always looking for ways to save time grading papers. There’s nothing worse than spending hours correcting essay after essay.
- Seesaw is a web-based interactive response system that allows teachers to upload assignments, provide examples of student work, and grade their students’ responses all in one digital location.
Less Stress, More Time for Professional Development
Teachers are always looking to save time so they can find more time for professional development.
- Google Calendar is a free web-based calendar that allows teachers to keep track of their own schedules, see the schedules of their students, and plan/share events with other teachers at their school. You can also use Google Calendar to schedule blocks of time for uninterrupted focus on your own work.
- Edublogs is a site that offers free blogs for teachers and students. Teachers can create their own blog to share with their students, or create a class blog where everyone can contribute and the teacher only has to moderate instead of write entries every day. This saves time because it’s one less thing you have to do.
Teachers are always looking for ways to save time with organization. Keeping track of papers, resources, and projects can become overwhelming when you aren’t using an organizational tool.
- Edmodo is a web-based gradebook that allows teachers to upload assignments quickly and easily. Teachers can also use Edmodo to share resources and communicate with their students.
Improved Communication with Parents and Students
Technology helps teachers save time communicating with parents and students. There are a number of tools that can help you connect more effectively and efficiently with your classroom community.
- Pear Deck is a web tool that allows teachers to create presentations, insert questions, and share them via Google Classroom or by embedding the presentation on their own website/blog. Pear Deck can be used to create presentations that include videos, presentations, and even surveys.
- LiveBinder is a place for users to create digital notebooks with resources and links to other websites relevant to their topic. Teachers can use LiveBinders to track projects and manage resources for large units/projects in one central location. Teachers can also share binders with other teachers to collaborate.
Spend All the Time You Need on Curriculum Design
Teachers are always looking for ways to simplify technology use in the classroom. The best tools are the ones that make life easier, not more difficult. By simplifying your tech requirements you can spend more time thinking about curriculum design and how to effectively integrate technology into your lessons.
There are many free, web-based tools that allow teachers to write and distribute scripts for their classrooms. Allowing teachers to create and store personalized scripts saves time because it is one less thing you have to write and monitor.
- Google Classroom is a free Google service that allows teachers to create and collect assignments, communicate with students and parents, grade student work, and provide feedback effortlessly. Google Classroom is a time-saving tool because it allows teachers to create student assignments quickly with rubrics, track student progress with assignment submissions, and allow students to work on projects together by sharing their classroom with other classes.
Send Student Feedback with Ease
Student feedback is a necessary component of any classroom. Teachers can use technology to instantly assess student understanding and connect with their students in real time.
- Google Forms allows teachers to create online surveys, quizzes, polls, and more to get instant data on student understanding. Teachers can also use Google Forms as a backchannel so students can get real-time feedback while doing group work. Google Forms saves time because it allows teachers to have an accurate idea of who needs help right away, and allows students to get instant feedback on their work.