Whether you’re moving on to another hobby or you’re just looking to declutter, selling your action figure collection is a great way to make some extra cash. But how do you go about it? Here are four ways to sell your entire action figure collection.
3 Ways to Sell Your Action Figures
Sell all at once
If you’re looking to sell your entire collection at once, there are a few avenues you can explore. First, you could try posting a classified ad in your local paper or on online classifieds websites like Craigslist.
You could also put up a sign in your front yard letting passersby know that you’re selling your action figure collection. Another option is to hold a garage sale and include your action figures among the other items you’re selling.
Selling certain figures
If you’d prefer to sell your action figures individually, eBay is a great option. Simply create an account, take pictures of the figures you’re looking to sell, and write brief descriptions of each one.
Then, set starting bids and let the auctioning process begin! Keep in mind that shipping costs will cut into your profits, so be sure to factor that into your pricing.
Mystery Box Method
Alternatively, you could try the mystery box method. This involves packaging up groups of random figures and selling them as “mystery boxes.” This is a fun way to sell your collection and can be a great way to unload figures that are less popular or have damaged packaging.
To do this, simply gather up a group of figures (anywhere from 10-20 should suffice), pack them into a box, and list the box for sale online. Be sure to clearly state that all sales are final and that buyers will not be able to return opened mystery boxes.
Where to Sell Your Action Figure Collection
After deciding on a way to sell your action figures, the next step is to choose where to sell them.
Have a garage sale
This is probably the most obvious way to sell your action figures, but it’s also one of the least effective. Unless you live in a neighborhood with a lot of foot traffic, you’re likely to have trouble getting people to even notice your sale, let alone stop and buy something. Plus, you’ll probably have to settle for selling your figures for much less than they’re worth.
- It’s an easy way to get rid of items you no longer want. You don’t have to worry about packaging them up and shipping them off – just put them out on the table and let people take them off your hands.
- You can make a little bit of extra money. Even if you sell your action figures for less than they’re worth, you’re still likely to make more money than if you just threw them away. And every bit counts, right?
- Garage sales can be fun. It can be enjoyable to talk to people who are interested in the same things as you are, and you never know who you might meet. Who knows – you might even make some new friends!
- The cons of garage sales are that they generally don’t attract a lot of people, so you’re unlikely to sell very many items.
- Most people who do attend garage sales are looking for bargains, so don’t expect to get full price for your action figures.
These days, there are plenty of online options for selling just about anything, and action figures are no exception. Sites like eBay and Amazon make it easy to list and sell your figures, and you’ll reach a much wider audience than you would with a garage sale.
- You can reach a much wider audience than you would with a garage sale, and you don’t have to worry about shipping costs.
- Online marketplaces like eBay and Amazon offer buyer protection, so you can be assured that you’ll get paid if a sale goes through.
- You’ll have to pay fees to list and sell your items, and shipping can be expensive if your collection is bulky.
- It can be tricky to accurately estimate shipping costs, so you might end up losing money on shipping if your collection is particularly large.
Sell to a local toy store
If you have a good relationship with a local toy store, they may be interested in buying your collection outright (or at least some of it). This is a great option if you want to get rid of everything quickly, but don’t expect to get top dollar for your figures this way.
Toy stores are in the business of making money, so they’ll want to lowball you on price in order to turn a profit when they resell your figures.
- You can get rid of your collection quickly without having to worry about shipping or listing fees.
- If you have a good relationship with the store, they may give you a better deal than if you were to sell to a stranger online.
- Don’t expect to get top dollar for your figures – toy stores will want to lowball you in order to turn a profit themselves.
- You may not have a local toy store nearby, or the store may not be interested in buying your collection.
Sell to another collector
This is probably the best option if you’re looking to get the most money for your collection. Find another collector who’s interested in the same line/series of figures as you are, and see if they’re interested in buying any (or all) of what you have.
- You’ll get a better price than you would if you sold to a stranger online.
- Since collectors tend to take good care of their stuff, you can rest assured knowing that your beloved action figures are going to a good home.
- You may not get full retail value for your figures this way, but you should be able to get pretty close.
Why Sell Your Action Figure Collection?
You’ve been holding onto your action figure collection for years, telling yourself that you’ll never sell them because they’re too sentimental. But let’s be honest—you’re never going to display them and they’re just taking up space. It might be time to say goodbye to your childhood memories and turn them into cash. Here’s why selling your action figure collection is a good idea.
Good return on investment
If you’ve been collecting action figures for a while, chances are you have some rare and valuable pieces in your collection. And if you don’t want to sell your entire collection, you can always cherry-pick the most valuable figures to sell individually. Either way, you’re bound to make more money than you would if you kept the action figures stored away in a box somewhere.
To buy something more useful
that money could be put towards something more practical, like a down payment on a house or car, or it could be saved for retirement. Whatever you decide to do with the money, it’s sure to be more useful than a bunch of plastic action figures gathering dust in your attic.
Can be fun
If you sell your action figures online, you’ll get to relive some of the nostalgia as you take pictures of each figure and write descriptions for them. And who knows—you might even meet some interesting people along the way.
Some of the most successful online sellers have built up quite a following by regularly documenting their sales on social media. If nothing else, selling your action figure collection can be a fun hobby that brings in some extra cash.
Selling an entire action figure collection can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming. By utilizing one (or more) of the methods listed above, you can quickly and easily unload your entire collection—and maybe even make a little money in the process!