Action figures are more than just toys – they’re works of art! If you’re an avid collector, you probably have a few (or a few hundred) that you’ve been displaying proudly on shelves and in cabinets. But what if you want to show them off in a different way? In this blog post, we will talk about the five creative ideas for displaying action figures on your walls.
5 Methods to Display Action Figures on the Walls
When it comes to displaying action figures on the walls, there are a few things you need to take into consideration.
The first is size; make sure that the figures you’re displaying will fit on the wall without taking up too much space.
You’ll need to find a way to hang them securely. Some figures come with a stand or peg that can be inserted into a hole in the wall, while others can be hung using hooks or nails.
If you’re not sure how to hang your action figures, consult the packaging or contact the manufacturer for advice. Also, be sure to check for any damage to the figure before displaying it on the wall. If the figure is missing any pieces or has any other damage, it’s best to keep it in storage and choose another figure to display.
Wall-mounted shelves are the simplest way to get your collectible figures up on display. By attaching shelves to the wall at whatever height you like, you can easily arrange and dust your figures without having to move them around. And by using clear shelves, nothing will detract from the figure itself.
Pro tip: use wall-mounted shelves to create a seamless look for your collection. Clear shelving will make it appear as if the figures are floating on the wall, giving your collection a professional and polished appearance.
If you want to keep your collection hidden away but still want to be able to enjoy it, consider installing some hidden storage behind a false wall or in the space between two studs.
There are a few different ways to create hidden storage, such as behind a false wall or in the space between two studs. You can also have swinging panels or sliding doors made, or even just put up some curtains. Whichever option you choose, hidden storage is a great way to keep your things out of sight and create more space in your home.
Picture hanging wire
This method is similar to using shelves, but it gives your collection a floating effect that looks really cool. All you need is some strong picture hanging wire and small hooks or nails to secure it to the wall.
Just arrange the wire on the wall in a pleasing design, and then use the hooks or nails to secure it in place. Then, simply hang your action figures from the wire using small hooks or loops of string. This is a great way to show off your collection without taking up a lot of space. Plus, it’s easy to change up the arrangement whenever you want.
Wall-mounted acrylic boxes
If you want to display your action figures in a more formal way, consider using a wall-mounted acrylic box.
Acrylic boxes allow for 360-degree viewing. These boxes can be attached directly to the wall and provide a clear view from all angles. You need to attach the boxes to the wall for stability, but once they’re in place, they offer a sleek and professional way to show off your collection.
They also offer protection for your figures, so they’re a great option if you have rare or valuable collectibles. Plus, their sleek modern design adds a touch of elegance to any room.
If you’re feeling crafty, there are endless possibilities for DIY figure displays. Here are some crafting works you can try:
- Hang with Nails or Push Pins: The most low-commitment way to display your action figures is by simply attaching them to the wall with nails or push pins. This method is great if you don’t want to damage your walls (or action figures) and if you’re renting your home. Just be careful not to put the nails or pins in too close to the head of the figure, as you don’t want it toppling over and breaking.
- Adhesive Hooks and Clips: Another low-commitment option is to use adhesive hooks or clips. These can be found at any hardware store, and they won’t damage your walls. Just be sure to clean the area where you’ll be attaching the hook or clip before application, and follow the package directions for how long you should wait before hanging your figure.
- Use a Pegboard: For a more permanent solution, you can buy a peg board from any hardware store and use that to display your action figures. Pegboards come in a variety of sizes, so you can choose one that will fit the space you have available. You can also paint the peg board to match your décor. Just be sure to use heavy-duty pegs that will support the weight of your figures.
- 3D Print Your Own Display Case: If you’re feeling really ambitious, you can even 3D print your own display case for your action figures! This option does require access to a 3D printer, but there are plenty of tutorials online for how to do it. Just be sure to measure your action figures before you start printing so that everything will fit perfectly in the end.
5 Steps to Display Action Figures on Your Walls
- Choose the Right Action Figures: The first step to displaying action figures on your walls is to choose the right action figures. You want to choose action figures that you love and that will look good on your walls. If you have a lot of action figures, you may want to choose a few of your favorites to display.
- Find the Right Spot on Your Walls: Once you have chosen the right action figures, you need to find the right spot on your walls to display them. You want to choose a spot where they will be visible and where they will not be in the way. You also want to make sure that the spot you choose is free from dust and dirt.
- Hang Them Up Properly: Once you have found the right spot on your walls, you need to hang up your action figures properly. You want to use wall hooks or other hardware that is designed for holding up action figures. You also want to make sure that the hardware you use is strong enough to support the weight of the action figure.
- Arrange Them How You Want Them: After you have hung up your action figures, you can arrange them how you want them. You may want to arrange them by theme, color, or by any other method that you prefer. The most important thing is that you are happy with how they look when they are arranged.
- Enjoy Your Display: Once you have hung up and arranged your action figures, it is time to enjoy your display! You can sit back and admire your work, or you can invite friends and family over to see your collection. Either way, displaying your action figures on your walls is a great way to show off your personality and taste.
There are endless possibilities for displaying action figures – it just takes a little creativity! Whether you want to keep them readily accessible or create a more formal look, there’s definitely a solution out there for you. So get creative and start showing off your collection in a whole new way!