Bamboo cutting boards are a great choice for environmentally aware chefs. They are durable, easy to clean, and won’t retain odors or stains. In this article, we will explore five of the best bamboo cutting boards you can find on Amazon today from brands like OXO and John Boos!
Factors to Consider When Choosing Bamboo Cutting Boards
Bamboo is quickly becoming the material of choice for modern cutting boards. It is a highly renewable resource and is better for the environment than hardwood or plastic alternatives. It has natural antibacterial properties, so it won’t retain odors or stains. Bamboo cutting boards are more durable than their plastic counterparts, too. Here are a few other factors to keep in mind as you shop:
- Size – Most standard cutting boards are between 12″ and 20″ wide and around 18″ long. If you need a smaller board, try using a large dinner plate as your guide! Many people like to have at least two cutting boards on hand – one for veggies and fruits, another one for meats.
- Fibility – Some bamboo cutting boards have grooves on one side. This can be great if you use them for slicing and dicing veggies but maybe a nuisance when rinsing off raw meat or seafood. Look for models that have flat edges on both sides so they won’t impede the flow of water into your sink.
- Comfort – Some cutting boards are thinner than others and will tend to move around more as you cut with your knife. Bamboo is naturally hard, so it makes sense that thicker cutting boards would make for more secure work surfaces. Comfort is also an issue depending on what type of utensils you like to use while cooking (e.g., rubber-handled knives vs metal blades).
- Durability – Bamboo cutting boards should last at least a couple of years if they are properly maintained. Look for boards made from high-quality bamboo with tightly packed fibers.
- Easy to Clean – Bamboo boards should be cleaned with hot water and soap after each use, but shouldn’t be soaked in the sink. Boards that have grooves on only one side may trap water and debris between the ridges, so look for models that can be easily flipped over or separated into two pieces.
- Price – Bamboo cutting boards range in price from $10 to more than $100 depending on size, thickness, type, and brand. If you want a larger board for group cooking projects, expect to spend more money than if you just need something small for slicing an apple before work every morning!
5 Best Bamboo Cutting Boards
ROYAL CRAFT WOOD Extra Large Organic Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove
Chopping and cutting can be a messy affair, especially if you’re not using the right tools. The Royal Craft Wood Cutting Board is designed to make your life easier in the kitchen by making it easy for you to cut and chop ingredients with minimal mess! The juice groove works as an extra barrier against any juices running off your board onto your countertops, keeping them clean at all times.
This cutting board has been crafted from 100% natural bamboo and features a double-sided design with handles carved into the sides of the product that allow you to easily pick up and move around this versatile kitchen tool!
It’s also perfect for serving cheese or snacks during parties or gatherings, so it makes for a great gift idea too! When shopping for wood cutting boards online, we recommend reading through customer reviews before purchasing one because some products are cheaply made and will break after a few uses.
Seville Classics Easy-to-Clean Bamboo Cutting Board
Bacteria can build up on hardwood boards, which is why you should always wash them with soap and water after each use. Unfortunately, many people never do this because they don’t want to go through the hassle of cleaning their cutting board every time they cut an onion or slice some cheese. This means that your food safety practices are probably less than adequate.
The Seville Classics bamboo cutting board set makes clean-up easy by including seven brightly color-coded mats that make clean-up fast and help prevent cross-contamination when preparing foods for family meals or entertaining friends at dinner parties.
Each mat has its own unique patterned design so you can easily identify which mat goes with which type of food preparation task (e.g., slicing bread & rolls; chopping fruits & vegetables; dicing meats).
Freshware Bamboo Cutting Boards
We know how hard it can be to find the right kitchenware set that would suit your needs perfectly. You either get cheap products or overpriced ones that don’t meet expectations at all…
This innovative 3-piece set includes 2 large (12″x9″) & 1 small (8″x5″) bamboo cutting board of different sizes in order to help you prepare food quickly but also efficiently! The small one is great for chopping herbs or nuts while the larger ones are perfect for slicing meat or veggies! These premium quality bamboo cutting boards won’t scratch or crack thanks to their smooth surface that has been slightly curved for easier handling.
The Freshware bamboo cutting board is made from 100% natural, eco-friendly bamboo. It’s lightweight yet sturdy, so it won’t slide around on the counter while you’re chopping vegetables or meat. And because they are dishwasher safe, they are easy to clean after use.
Indigo True Bamboo Cutting Board
Woodcutting boards are a great alternative to plastic, but they can be expensive and hard to clean. This bamboo cutting board is the best of both worlds because it’s made from all-natural Moso Bamboo that has anti-bacterial properties, making it easy to clean and maintain.
It’s also very durable so you don’t have to worry about warping or cracking over time like other wood boards. Plus, the bamboo cutting board won’t absorb odors as some cheaper alternatives do!
You’ll love how versatile this is in your kitchen and how much easier it makes food prep work when compared with inferior products on the market today.
Bambüsi Bamboo Cutting Board Set
Every kitchen needs a set of cutting boards. But most people don’t have enough space to store them all and they end up cluttering their countertops. The Bambüsi bamboo cutting board set includes 4 different-sized boards that you can use to organize your kitchen effectively. This means less clutter on your countertop and more room in your cabinets!
Each of these wood chopping boards is made from 100% natural bamboo, which doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals like formaldehyde or coloring agents. Another benefit is that these durable and sturdy wood cutting boards won’t get stained easily from wet foods. They are also easy to clean with soap and water after each use.
These bamboo cutting boards are designed to be beautiful enough to leave out as serving trays or placemats. They’re also thick enough that you can chop up meats without worrying about cracking them in half! Plus, it comes with two sizes for all your chopping needs.